Blippar and Shazam: A live chat with visionaries Jess Butcher and Dhiraj Mukherjee
If you want to know what it takes to start and run a technology company, then you need to listen to two of our most pioneering guests discuss their experiences live, as they started visionary companies in every single sense of the word.
In this special episode we talk live to Jess Butcher, co-founder of Blippar – the augmented reality giant, and Dhiraj Mukherjee, co-founder of Shazam – the app that lets you discover the media playing all around you.
Jess was one of our first guests in Season One, and Dhiraj was interviewed for Season Two. We thought we’d bring them back on to the podcast for a catch up, only this time we’d interview them in a live setting.
We know, first hand, how hard it is to be an entrepreneur and get a business off the ground. Which is kind of the main reason we started this podcast, to help entrepreneurs, like us. Because the more we sat down with successful founders and picked their brains, the more we discovered that getting from zero to anywhere wasn’t always the glossy and incredible experience that it’s made out to be.
In these in-depth live events you’ll get more of an understanding about the ups and downs of entrepreneurship, the challenges and the constant grind that is required to get any venture started, as well as learn best practice tips from the experts who’ve been there before.
We hope you enjoy listening to this live episode as much as we did making it.
We chat with Jess about:
- How the Blippar vision has evolved over time
- Finding the balance between motherhood and running a tech company
- The advantages of being a woman in tech
- The highs and lows of co-founding Blippar
We chat with Dhiraj about:
- How four people got together to create Shazam
- How they got around any law infringements to get the music
- Getting early adoption through smart marketing
- Making the decision to leave Shazam