Huel: How to Become a Food and Drink Millionaire with Julian Hearn
Want to know what it takes to become a food and drink millionaire? Of course you do. That’s why you need to listen to Julian Hearn talking about how and why he founded the powdered food product Huel.
Huel is marketed as a super convenient, nutritionally complete meal replacement. With sales of £14 million last year and a projection for 2019 at more than £40 million, this makes Huel one of Britain’s fastest growing businesses – full stop.
But Huel wasn’t Julian’s first foray into entrepreneurism – he sold his first venture, Promotional Codes, for £10m.
“I had enough money to retire, but I get bored and I needed something to stay busy.”
So his answer to staying busy was getting back into business. And after a few failed ventures he eventually founded Huel.
So if you’re looking for inspiration, you won’t go far wrong tuning into Secret Leaders to hear how a guy who just wanted to find a way to spend time at home, not commuting, made millions in his pajamas.
We chat about:
- How a failed entrepreneurial venture led him to founding Huel
- The thinking behind Huel branding and how they picked their branding designer
- The problems with finding a food manufacturer
- Why he chose to hire in a CEO (thus remaining as CMO)
- Why he keeps all his recruitment in-house
- The potential to use Huel to solve world hunger
- How Huel has been financed (and why they raised money when they didn’t need it)